For more details about these positions visit http://www.slcpl.org/jobs/view/73
About the Position:
Promoting the Library’s programs, events, goals, plans, and achievements is a central component to our success. As the Library’s Production Designer, you will support the Communications Team through the design and production of print and digital collateral while maintaining the Library’s brand.
• Layout and produce brand-appropriate collateral. Support Senior Designer through layout and production of compelling print and digital collateral. Generate materials that fit within the Library’s brand and effectively promote programs and events.
• Contribute to design solutions. Assist in creating and executing innovative and thoughtful design solutions to communication challenges.
• Be self-sufficient and able to work in team. Work independently and in collaboration with the Senior Designer and Communications Team.
• Manage time and tasks effectively. Balance tasks across multiple projects and deadlines— maintaining accuracy and attention to detail while meeting stated due dates.
• Build and maintain working relationships. Foster good working relationships with diverse people including other staff. Accept assignments from supervisor, manager or other Library staff in a professional and timely manner.
• Perform other duties as assigned or required.
• Graduated from an accredited college or university with a bachelor’s degree in graphic arts or related field OR equivalent experience. • 1–3 years’ experience in design and graphic arts.
• Highly skilled in Adobe Creative Cloud, specifically InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, and Acrobat.
• Knowledge of digital and print production processes and file preparation.
• Fluency and experience in layout, color theory, and typography.
• Ability to creatively incorporate stock imagery.
• Fluent in both Mac and PC environments.
• Excellent communication and organizational skills.
• Ability to take direction and incorporate constructive feedback.
• Experience in print and mail bidding to safeguard Library resources.
• Spanish language skills or foreign language skills.
• Part-time, 19 hours per week. Weekly work schedule to be approved by Senior Designer.
• Position will be based at the Main Salt Lake City Public Library. Most work will be during daytime hours, however, some evening and weekend hours may be necessary.
• Salary Range 036; Minimum $15.99/hour – Maximum $23.99/hour. Typically hire at minimum.
• This is a part-time position
How to Apply:
• Send an email with an attached resume, cover letter, and work sample (PDF or Word Document) indicating position title in the subject line to the Human Resources Department at email@example.com.
• Applications will be accepted through July 31, 2014.
• Offer of employment will be subject to a criminal background check.