To view more about this position, please visit – https://utahnonprofits.org/
Job Description: Title: Graphic Design Assistant
Reports to: Creative DirectorSummary: Under the direction of the Creative Director, Graphic Design Assistant will assist
in implementing the visual design direction and brand strategies for the Museum and
designing graphic projects for museum departments within deadlines and budgets.
Employment Classification: Part-time; 20 hours/week.
a. Assist Creative Director with the design and production of a variety of projects
including implementation of Discovery Gateway identity and general branding,
marketing and fundraising campaigns, marketing plans for traveling exhibits,
museum brochures, posters, invitations, banners, flyers, and exhibit graphics.
b. Responsible for printing all in-house graphics and signs on in-house printers.2. Department infrastructure & Systems:
a. Help research photographs, illustrations, price estimates, and production methods.
b. Select production techniques appropriate for job and budget.
c. Sustain department records of previous design projects. Archive and record projects
on disks, etc.
3. Other Duties as Assigned.
a. Organizational duties such as copying, filing, and labeling may be needed from time
b. Take photographs as needed for marketing as well as archival purposes.
• 1 year professional design experience preferred.
• Strong sense of typography.
• Strong Portfolio. Experience in designing for children’s education or products preferred.
• Skilled in Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe InDesign. Adobe Dreamweaver.
• Positive attitude and willingness to help out as needed.Accountability Statements:
• Complete work in accordance with the organization’s mission, vision, values, policies, plans,
timelines, budgets and practices. Report significant deviations from any of the above
• Monitor progress against plan and work to develop appropriate alternative plans as needed.
• Support a high degree of staff morale.
• Ability to effectively and accurately represent the organization to internal and external
How to Apply: If interested, please send a resume, cover letter, and 3 design samples (link to online website is
acceptable) via email to: Carolyn Crowley, Creative Director at email@example.com.
Closing Date: 4/20/15
Your Website: Visit organizational website.
Contact Name: Tammy Spicer
Send an Email