What to do:
Post Your Work
All you have to do to start an online critique is post an image of your work:
- Go to inkslcc.wordpress.com and sign in.
- Hover over the INK icon in the upper left corner of your Internet browser window.
- Mouse down to “New”.
- Left-click “Post”. This will take you to the post editing page.
- Type the name of your post where is says “Enter title here”. You can name your post anything, but commonly it will be the name or a brief description of your project.
- Add a photo to your post by clicking the “Add an image” button.
- In the composition area, provide a brief introduction about the work. Discuss WHAT the piece is, WHAT design problem needed to be solved and HOW you solved it.
- When you’re ready to post, just click the “Publish” button in the right column.
Members will then receive an e-mail letting them know a post has been created and they can log in to comment on it.
Work submitted for online critiques must be:
- At least 80% complete. (in the composition stage)
The project must be far enough along that the group can see where it’s going. Preliminary thumbnails and roughs will not be critiqued.
- Under 2MB
The image uploader says we’re allowed to post media that is up to 1GB in size. But there is no reason for an image to be that large and we STRONGLY encourage you to reduce your file size to under 2MB. The accepted image file formats are JPG, JPEG, PNG and PDF.
More About Posts & Comments
Posts and comments made at inkslcc.wordpress.com are moderated to ensure that everyone is giving/getting helpful feedback. We encourage everyone to visit the site at least once a week.
Please be aware that there is a dormancy period of 3 weeks. If a member has not posted or commented for 3 consecutive weeks, their membership may become probationary.