SLCC rocked the AIGA student portfolio review design challenge. Way to go kids!
Pre-Register Online Admission Rates
AIGA Member Admission :: $20
Non-Member Admission :: $40
CLOSES APRIL 11th @ 6:00 PM
At-the-door Admission Rates
*if event doesn’t sell out*
AIGA Member Admission :: $30
Non-Member Admission :: $50
Observer AIGA Member Admission :: $20
Observer Non-Member Admission :: $30
January 16th Lunar / Solar Creative hosted a workshop for photographing pieces for your portfolio. Here is a quick and dirty outline of what we went over.
1. Have plenty of space to work, and be able to control any outside light coming in through windows.
2. You will need a table, a seamless background, some clamp-able work lights with daylight balanced bulbs, a tripod, and a bed sheet.
3. Use a camera with manual mode. (Learn how to use manual mode) shoot in RAW.
4. Set your backdrop up higher than you think you need to, you don’t want to be fighting with it later when you are framing your shots.
5. When you’re shooting set your ISO low (To avoid noise) and set your aperture between F/5.6 and F/8. Adjust your shutter speed with the light meter, and use your cameras self timer feature so you won’t be moving your camera when you take the photo.
6. Look at your photos closely, see where your highlights and reflections are and make any adjustments with your lights. You can use a white sheet of paper to bounce light onto your objects as well.
7. Take your images into Photoshop or Lightroom to make any adjustments, or clean up any blemishes. (Save editing time by cleaning up your objects beforehand with a cloth or compressed air)
Don’t Forget! The AIGA Student Portfolio Review is TODAY!
The review is open to observers until about 4:00pm. If you are not a participant, we HIGHLY recommend that you attend as an observer.
Many of our members are presenting portfolio’s this year, including:
– Casey L. Kim
– Sara Corrigan-Gibbs
– Shawn Growcock
– Jill De Haan
– Molly Dallimore
– Jonathan Holmgren
– Peiru Hsieh
Also Casey L. Kim and Sara Corrigan-Gibbs will be competing together at a live design challenge at 2:20 at the event. So come out and show your support for INK SLCC and Salt Lake Community College.
Here are the details:
The 2012 Art Showcase Awards Ceremony is TONIGHT @ 7pm in the OAK ROOM on the 2nd floor of the Student Center (Taylorsville Redwood Campus). At the awards ceremony, Kristy Sabey will be presenting the first ever INK SLCC Student Choice Award on behalf of INK SLCC.
Congratulations to the Skills USA State Champions in Advertising Design!
Casey L. Kim – 1st Place
Rubin Delatorre – 2nd Place
Molly Dallimore – 3rd Place
See you at the review!!!
Now that INK SLCC is an OFFICIAL AIGA Student Group, it’s time to represent.
Registration for the 2012 AIGA Portfolio Review is now OPEN!!!
The AIGA Student Portfolio Review may very well be THE most important AIGA student event of the year. In fact, many Visual Art & Design programs at other colleges around the state require attendance. And in some cases, it’s considered their semester FINAL.
Here’s the info:
AIGA Salt Lake City’s annual Student Portfolio Review provides advice, insight and industry information to design students from around the state. On April 6, 2012, students will interact with professional designers during portfolio reviews and one-on-one interviews. Students gain valuable career insights and make connections which can lead to internships and even jobs.
This is a great opportunity to check out the competition and get feedback on your portfolio as a developing student and it only happens ONCE A YEAR so let’s represent and show them what we’ve got!
PRE-Registration ends on April 5th, so whether you plan to participate or attend as an observer, do NOT miss this. Space is limited so come to represent INK SLCC and reserve your spot TODAY!
Check out http://slc.aiga.org/events/2012/04/76922729 for complete details.