This is a creative and rewarding environment for any innovative, conceptual, senior graphic designer with education and experience working in print and digital design. Diverse projects keep things interesting and nurture opportunities to let your skills and imagination take flight. This position is an exempt position located in Salt Lake City.
Our in-house design staff is full of creative Web, multimedia, editorial, and designer devotees. It is a fun, creative, hardworking, and nurturing group. The design/production schedule is sensitive to overtime, which doesn’t happen too often. There is a little bit of travel (three to four days once a year) to support our conference, which always falls at the end of April.
To see posting in its entirety:
This job comes highly recommended by VAD Alumnus Kevin Landeen. And – small world – one of our current VAD students, Erin Salazar works there!
PRODUCTION ARTIST – PRIORITY DISPATCH, SALT LAKE CITY, UT JOB SUMMARY:
This position designs art and layouts for company products and materials.
• Makes edits and changes to files; coordinates file layouts in line with release dates
• Determines size and arrangement of illustrative material and copy; arranges layout based upon available space, esthetic design concepts, and existing style sheet
• Communicates production-related information and timelines between all resources committed to each product release
• Compares the printer blueline to the final version of the working document for errors or inconsistencies
• Aids in implementing and maintaining Priority Dispatch Corporation and International Academies of Emergency Dispatch standards across all products and supporting materials
• Helps keep sufficient product inventory by printing smaller amounts of products on an in-house printer
• Ensures artwork and approval forms are stored and archived properly
• Thorough working knowledge of InDesign and other graphic designing software in a MAC environment
• Meticulous attention to detail; commitment to producing quality product; deadline conscious
• Ability to work autonomously
• Eagerness for acquiring new knowledge
• Minimum of 5 years production experience
• Proofreading experience a big plus
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Organizing and coordinating information and deadlines
• Creating written communication
• Frequent computer and telephone use
• Sitting for long periods of time
• Concentrating for long periods of time
Submit resume, application, and salary requirements at