To view more about this position or how to apply, please visit – http://www.slcpl.org/jobs/view/93
Date: February 17, 2015
Job Title: Production Designer
Location: Main Library (210 E 400 S)
Reports to: Senior Designer
Manager: Lauren Huber
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Closing Date: February 27, 2015
About the Library:
The City Library offers services, information resources, programs, and events to all members of the community. Staff serve the community at Library and outreach locations and are committed to advancing knowledge, fostering creativity, encouraging the exchanging of ideas, building community, and enhancing the community’s quality of life.
About the Position:
Promoting the Library’s programs, events, goals, plans, and achievements is a central component to our success. As a City Library Production Designer, you will support the Communications Team through the design and production of print and digital collateral while maintaining the Library’s brand.
• Layout and produce brand-appropriate collateral. Support Senior Designer through layout and production of compelling print and digital collateral. Generate materials that fit within the Library’s brand and effectively promote programs and events.
• Contribute to design solutions. Assist in creating and executing innovative and thoughtful design solutions to communication challenges.
• Be self-sufficient and able to work in team. Work independently and in collaboration with the
Senior Designer and Communications Team.
• Manage time and tasks effectively. Balance tasks across multiple projects and deadlines–
maintaining accuracy and attention to detail while meeting stated due dates.
• Build and maintain working relationships. Foster good working relationships with diverse
people including other staff. Accept assignments from supervisor, manager, or other Library staff in a professional and timely manner.
• Perform other duties as assigned or required.
• 1–2 years of post-secondary education in graphic design and 1–3 years’ professional experience
in graphic design OR equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Highly skilled in Adobe Creative Cloud, specifically InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, and Acrobat.
• Knowledge of digital and print production processes and file preparation.
• Fluency and experience in layout, color theory, and typography.
• Ability to creatively incorporate stock imagery.
• Fluent in both Mac and PC environments.
• Excellent communication and organizational skills.
• Ability to take direction and incorporate constructive feedback.
• Graduated from an accredited college or university with a bachelor’s degree in graphic design or related field OR equivalent experience.
• Experience in print and mail bidding to safeguard Library resources.
• Spanish language skills or foreign language skills.